Dr. Thomas Colletti
Acute kidney injury is one of the most common inpatient diagnoses and has been associated with long term morbidity, mortality, and poor patient outcomes. It has been recognized that post hospitalization follow up is associated with improvement in long term patient outcomes. Specific guidelines enforcing this have been difficult to create.
● Examine the importance of post hospitalization follow up in AKI
● Recognize which patient is at high risk for long term morbidity, mortality
● Explain why failure to follow up may result in poor patient outcomes
● Recognize the importance of risk stratification in determining outpatient follow up
● Post hospitalization follow up is important to patient outcomes in AKI
● Risk stratification of patients with AKI is necessary to avoid overwhelming nephrology resources
● Robust research is needed to further support the need for post hospitalization follow up and to aid in fleshing out specific guidelines
Martin T. A Review of the Management of Acute Kidney Injury Post Hospitalization. University of Lynchburg DMSc Doctoral Project Assignment Repository. 2022; 4(4).
Available when accessing via a campus IP address or logged in with a University of Lynchburg email address.
Off-campus users can also use 'Off-campus Download' button above for access.